LifeCare Family Medicine realizes that bills for healthcare services can be confusing. We have assembled the following information to better assist our patients in understanding what you can expect during the billing process.
Note: You may receive several bills for the services you received.
These bills may include charges for:
- The hospital or facility fee
- The doctor or healthcare professional service fee
- Anesthesia fees, if anesthesia is needed to perform a procedure
- Radiology and/or pathology professional service fee, if you have X-rays or some types of laboratory work
For questions regarding your bill, please call our billing department at:
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
LCFM will submit a claim to your insurance company based on the information provided to our front desk when you regestered for your appointment.
How You Can Help:
- Provide your complete personal health insurance information when you register for your appointment.
- Inform us if your personal or insurance information has changed since your last visit.
- Know your insurance coverage and benefits. Contact your insurance company before your visit to verify your benefits and coverage requirements.
LCFM will wait for payment from your insurance company. If payment is not received in a reasonable amount of time (30 days), we may ask for your help.
How You Can Help:
- If you do not receive an explanation of benefits from your insurance company within 30 days, please contact them to find out the status of your claim.
- Your insurance company may ask you to provide more information. If so, please respond quickly, and let us know the information you’ve provided to the insurance company so we can update your records.
After your insurance company has made payment, you will be expected to pay the amount due. If your account becomes past due, you may receive up to three balance due notices and phone calls.
How You Can Help:
- When you receive a balance due notice, please pay your bill promptly.
- If you have questions about these billing statements, please call our billing department at (402) 341-9519 from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Keep your billing statements for your records. The billing statements may be helpful when reviewing the explanation of benefits you receive from your insurance company.
- If you are unable to pay the balance, please contact us. We can discuss options for payment plans or financial assistance, depending on your circumstances.
Learn the lingo used in the medical billing industry by reviewing our list of common billing terms:
As a patient, you should know and understand your insurance plan benefits and your responsibility for any deductibles, co-insurance, or co-payment amounts prior to any visit. Not all services are covered in all insurance contracts. If your insurance plan does not cover a service or procedure, you may be billed for full payment of the bill.
To find out what your insurance plan covers and what your financial obligation may be, call the Customer Service or Member Services Department of your insurance company (the phone numbers are on your insurance card).
Make sure that your insurance company lists both your doctor and hospital as a participating provider. If you go to an out-of-network provider, you may have a greater financial responsibility for services provided. Your insurance company can assist you in finding an in-network provider to limit the amount of money you will have to pay for care.
Your insurance provider will send you an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) notice that details the amount it has paid, any non-covered or denied amounts and the remaining balance that you are responsible for paying. Review your EOB carefully, compare it to your Hospital and/or Physician statement and call your insurance provider or a LifeCare Family Medicine billing Representative right away if you have questions or concerns.
As a courtesy, LifeCare Family Medicine will bill both your primary and secondary health insurance carriers. To insure proper and prompt processing of your claim, please be sure to verify the insurance information we have at the time of registration.
If you do not have private health insurance, Medicare or Medicaid, we will send you a bill for any balance not paid at the time services are received. Please pay the bill, or call us to make payment arrangements as soon as you receive it.
Statements are generated and sent out monthly for all patient owed balances.
We ask that payments be made at the time of your visit so you won’t be inconvenienced with a Balance Due statement sent to your home after your visit.
The most common insurance denials received on claims are:
- Your insurance carrier needs additional information from you
- You were not covered by your insurance plan on the date of service
- No authorization/referral is on file for services
- The service you received was not covered under your plan
- The insurance information recorded at the time of service was inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
Payments can be made:
- By calling our billing department at (402) 341-9519, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- By mail: LifeCare Family Medicine of Bellevue, PC, PO Box 31364, Omaha, NE 68131
- Payment on accounts can be made at our office as well Monday – Friday
Please contact our billing department at (402) 341-9519, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. We can discuss options for payment plans or financial assistance with you.